Born in 1981 (Rio de Janeiro)
Home: Copenhagen, Denmark
Style: Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu
Division: over 60 Kg
– ADCC 2008 European champion
– BJJ 2008 European champion
– 2 x World Championships BJJ champion
– 3rd place in World Championships BJJ 2009
– 2 x Scandinavian BJJ Open champion
– 2008 Båstad Brazilian Open champion
– 2008 Kaisho Cup and Kaisho Challenge champion
– 2008 Gameness champion
Bio: Shanti’s first contact with martial arts was in Capoeira, witch she trained for five years before trying Wing Tsun. As an engineer, she went back to Brasil for an internship and got hooked by Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu. Shanti is fascinated by the physical/mental/psychological/tactical fusion she finds in ground fighting. She pays absolute attention to the physical part, doing powerlifning, kettlebells, sandbag exercises, running, rowing, body weight exercises, isolated exercises and anything which combines both strength and a high heart rate. Being a vegetarian, she takes extra care about her nutrition. When Shanti is not fighting, she works as a process consultant in the R&D department of a large biotech company.
Check Shanti Abelha’s official site here.